In this video men’s style, grooming, fitness and lifestyle expert, Aaron Marino of http://www.iamalpham.com, talks about how to drink like a gentleman.
Aaron Marino of alpha m. has teamed up with a pro who works at a bartending school. Alpha now discusses how to drink like a gentleman. Here’s how to look like a gentleman and not like one of those schlubs who is just trying to get loaded.
1. Order a drink that is masculine: Martini, Manhattan, Old Fashioned
2. Specify the type of alcohol
3. Specify ‘neat’ or ‘up’ – ice or no ice
4. Know the establishment and their specialty drink(s), then order accordingly
5. Don’t ever order a daiquiri
6. Tip well – $5 minimum on the first drink to set the stage for the rest of the evening. You can go a little lower thereafter
7. Don’t yell for the bartender
8. Always have cash or card in hand to be ready to pay
9. Use ‘please’, ‘excuse me’, and ‘thank you’
10. Never hit on the hot bartender
11. Pace yourself and don’t slam shots to get wasted – never get sloppy drunk!
12. It’s okay to respectfully decline a shot – don’t get peer pressured
13. A gentleman never drinks and drives! Make a plan BEFORE going out